Diversity is more than just a word to us
WorkFocus Australia acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land upon which we live and work, and pays respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
At WorkFocus Australia, we work with people with injury, illness, disability and disadvantage from all backgrounds and identities
It’s how we’ve come to truly appreciate how diversity shapes our business, our community and our lives.
And it’s why we continually seek to create a workplace that addresses the unique and important needs of our own diverse employee base.
WorkFocus Australia is part of MedHealth, an organisation committed to creating a Diversity Action Plan for its employees Australia wide.
The plan outlines how we optimise work and life participation for our staff and our clients from the following five diversity areas:
- Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (CALD)
- Disability and Mental Health
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI)
The Diversity Action Plan is underpinned by the MedHealth Diversity Policy and championed by our CEO.
Reconciliation Action Plan
As an Australian business built on unlocking people’s potential through employment, we’re committed to building and promoting an inclusive society.
Equally, we’re committed to creating relationships, understanding and respect with our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We’ve previously documented this commitment in our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) 2017-19, and are currently completing a MedHealth Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) 2020 that will reach across all 21 brands including WorkFocus Australia and more than 3000 people.
We embrace our role in achieving this vision through:
- Recognise the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ histories, knowledge and contributions within our business and the wider community;
- Make a meaningful contribution to reconciliation, building respect, relationships and opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples; and
- Foster a corporate culture that values the health, wellbeing and knowledge of all peoples, ultimately helping Australians to build a better life.
With this RAP and our actions, we will further our stated mission to optimise work and life participation for people with injury, illness, disability and disadvantage and bring life to our values.